Flag Thread

Discussion in 'Makers' Forum' started by SpanishSpy, Jun 7, 2017.

1. SpanishSpy

SpanishSpy Member

Post your custom made flags here.

[​IMG]

Flag of the Union of Free Martian Republics in my timeline Emancipation and Exodus.

2. Delta Force

Delta Force Administrator
    Staff Member Administrator

I'm not sure a black background would be suitable for use in space. It would be hard to see and wouldn't look sharp if it got dust or anything else on it. If it wasn't modified for spacecraft, spacesuits, or other objects it would create a hot spot and potential cooling issue because black absorbs thermal radiation better than other colors. Is there a modified version for other use?

3. SpanishSpy

SpanishSpy Member

This version you see is for planetary usage. In space, the UFMR would have the central insignia as a roundel on civilian ships.

4. Bytor

Bytor New Member

This past long weekend we visited Historic Fort Malden in Amherstburg, Ontario and I found a flag I had not seen before. It was a recreation of one flown from the schooner Anne during one of the failed invasions of Upper Canada during the rebellions of 1837-38. So, naturally I made an image of it.

It was for the "Republic of Canada" and the two stars represented Upper and Lower Canada and the crescent moon represented the secret network of Hunters Lodges in Upper Canada and the nearby American States that were formed to support the rebellion.

I think that had they been successful they would have joined the USA fairly soon, at least Upper Canada. What do you think?

Republic of Canada (1837)- 300dpi.svg.png

IMG_20170807_115251.png

5. Delta Force

Delta Force Administrator
    Staff Member Administrator

Did you create that flag? If so it looks great.

I'm not sure about the 1830s rebellion, but the United States actually did have a contingency for the admission of Canada in the Articles of Confederation, which was the first constitution.